Thursday, September 27, 2007

Potshots at the Elderly


OMFG, I love Deirdre.

Yet another Actual Conversation -

While discussing Halloween, I asked Deirdre what she wanted to be. Since she's five, it's always iffy if she'll even remember what a specific holiday IS, much less be sure about a costume. But I couldn't resist showing her this Zombie Doctor costume, and asking if she liked it.
She stared for a moment, and I realized I might be screwing with the careful explanations of physical and spiritual aspects of death that we've given her, so I felt obliged to add
"This is like, a bad ghost that got inside a gross old dead person, who's been in the ground and had worms eating them."
Deirdre, being Deirdre immediately replied
"Yeah! Like Grandaddy!"

Bada-ba-bum.

Honestly, that child has been zinging her grandad, left and right, lately. I even asked her "Are you SURE that THIS looks like Grandaddy?" and she insisted "Yes! It looks like his face right there."
*facepalm*

3 comments:

Crabby said...

Yanno, I hate to be picky here but that dude has one hell of a suntan for a dead guy.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's it.

We have to shoot dad in the head.
Its the only way to be sure.

Spoony Quine said...

` Whaaa haaa haaaa!

` Speaking of Halloween, I'm going to be the Mad Scientist in a Corn Maze of Doom. Last year, a little boy came in on (presumably) his dad's shoulders and the dad said, 'hey, look, it's a shop teacher'.
` I said. "That's right. I'm a shop teacher who makes my worst students into things."
` The boy said, "Can you make me into a lizard?"
` Bwaaa haaa!